Saturday, September 17, 2011

Beauty's Only Skin Deep

As everyone knows, men and women are very different. One of the places where the difference is visible is in maintenance. Most women are high maintenance, while most men are low maintenance. One way to point this out is to just look at what is on the vanities in the bathroom. My wife is a beautiful women, both with or without make up. I definitly married up in regards to looks. But here is the comparison between us:

On my vanity in the bathroom are the following items: Toothpaste, tooth brushes, razor, deodorant, body lotion, Advil, after shave, shaving cream, hand sanitizer, Tums, powder, tough acting Tenactin for my athletes foot, nail clippers, Bio Freeze for my aches and pains, and fish oil pills for my daily omega 3. Not a bad assortment and enough to reasonably get me ready to start my day.

Now, let's take a look at what is on my wife's vanity (keep in mind that she has the larger one of these for obvious reasons)  : Nail polish, nail polish remover, Lubriderm daily moisture lotion, antiseptic skin cleanser,bubble bath, whitening strips, contact lens and cases, one magnifying mirror, bars of soap, cold cream, floss, toothpaste, tooth brushes, multipurpose eye solution, alcohol, jewelry, jewelry cleaner, Neutrogena oil free moisturizer, hair brush, combs, cotton balls, Q tips, clear pore cleaner/mask, sun block, witch hazel, oil eliminating astringent, hand & body wash, razor, tweezers, eyebrow pencils, assorted lip stick, fashion lashes, assorted finger nail polishes, assorted perfumes, Vaseline, nail files, nail clippers, and five different Optimun hair care treatments.

Now, I know that this is only a partial list of things used. Since I don't know what half of these things were used for, I didn't venture into the drawers, the night stand, dresser or the guest bathroom looking for more. I would venture to say that the findings would be eye opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment