Friday, April 8, 2011

Driving Miss Donna

Sometimes I like to take a drive in the car by myself. I can turn on the radio to the oldies station, listen to a Charlie Wilson CD, or even one of my old casettes (yes I still have a casette player in my car). Most of the time i am either driving or riding with my wife Donna. This is an experience in an of itself as my wife has a tendancy to talk to all the other drivers. So even though they cannot hear her, it feels as if she is talking to me. I am also the receipant of a variety of societal questions regarding their behavior. For example, if a person in front of us is driving too slow or somewhat over the line, I am informed that they are either texting or have been drinking. All semi truck drivers are tired, no matter what time of day it is, and the potential for them to come into our lane is always eminent. Comments such as "Oh, you wanted to turn?" or "Don't even think about it. I was next at the stop sign" provide for an ongoing commentary during our trips. Since some of these drives can get boring these things ,"watch out for the pothole", keep it interesting until we can come up with meaningful things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment