Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

Black Friday has come and gone and boy was it exciting. I saved a ton of money by not buying anything at the mall, out of stores, or on the Internet. It is exhilarating! However for a sports fan like myself it was a great day. I started off by watching U of L football team defeat the University of South Florida for the first time in forever. With the win they ended the season tied for the Big East Championship and assured of a bowl invitation with a 7-5 record. Congratulations to Charlie Strong in only his second season. Then it was on to watch LSU take on Arkansas in a battle of number #1 versus #3. LSU prevailed in a great game. Lastly, after partaking in some left over Thanksgiving dinner, was the Louisville basketball team squaring off with Ohio U. It was a tough game that U of L was on the way to losing before stepping up in the last four minutes to pull out a victory. To make all of this even better was that I was home alone to scratch, belch, and scream at the TV as much as my heart desired. Having given money to my wife to take our older grand kids, MaKayla and MaKenna to the mall, my heart and mind were light, knowing that they were also enjoying themselves to the max.    

No comments:

Post a Comment