Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Apprentice Part 2

Last year I posted a story at Christmas time about my grand daughter, Makayla, titled "The Apprentice. It was Christmas time and she was learning from the best, my wife, on how to shop and get those Christmas items she wanted. As she emulated her idol, Donna, she has become skillful in the ways of the mall, sales, and high finance. It is Christmas time again and already she is entering into level 200 courses, that began on Black Friday and will continue I'm sure until New Year's. The only thing that is slowing her down is the fact that her family is attempting to move into a new home and her base location is not stable.
 
Since I hope you can look at the post from last year, I won't go into the techniques again. I did want to point one interesting item this year. And that is the Christmas List. MaKayla, who is now 9 years old came up with some very interesting items on her Christmas List for us to work against this year. Usually, you would think that the children in this age group would want items like games, toys, clothes, etc. No my grand daughter, the Apprentice. She went straight for the high price spread. Number one being a Tablet or IPad, moving down to a flat screen T.V., Bike, Angry Birds watch, hat, shirt, and pajamas, Shoes (Greffes..which I don't know what these are) and the universal gift...Money.
I have no idea what was on "Santa Clause's" list or that of her mother's. However, the most interesting item on the our list was, believe it or not,  a "Passport". The nine year old wants a passport, so that she can be prepared to take vacation and trips with us when we go out of the country. This is the  obstacle that she is planning to overcome now, so we cannot use it in the future.
 
Her graduation will come before she even gets to Middle School!!


No comments:

Post a Comment