Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Who's really at the end of the line

Sometimes I just think about how blessed I am and all the people of our great country. I look around and see a home, a car, food, water, resources, and all the things that come with living in America. Even those who have very little have some much more that millions who live on this earth. The complaints and things which stress us out, make me sad when I look at the news ( on a TV by the way) or read a newspaper (not censored), or just look around.

I. remember a saying from my youth that went something like " I was sad I had no shoes until I meet a man who had no feet" or something of this nature. It seems that there is always someone who has it worst than you and that you could help. Even those in our impoverished inner cities or rural mountains, still have a life that many around the world would take over their own.

I see the victims of the earthquake in Tibet and I cannot imagine living in the conditions that now exist. I look at the middle east where bombings and war has left areas, which were once homes, businesses and historical buildings, in rumbles. People with nothing searching for an existence where no support exist, no water, no shelter, no electricity, and probably no hope. In Iraq people are forced into a life of suffering just because they are on the wrong side of religion or ideology. In Ukraine, due to the war the people there have been forced to camps with little or nothing to sustain them and the threat of death all around.

So I am blessed that I am not trying to reach another country on an overcrowded boat, with everything I own in a bag, only to be placed in a camp with limited resources, but "alive". The poorest friend I know is better off than any of these people. Hopefully every day for the remainder of my time on this earth I will appreciate all the blessings God has bestowed upon me. I know for sure, no matter how difficult things are, that I am never going to be at the end of the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment