Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fathers Day

Last weekend was Fathers Day. Unlike the monumental occasion of Mothers Day, this holiday usually comes and goes like a thief in the night. There aren't many Fathers Day Sales, the mailman is not over burdened with cards, and you can still get reservations at some of the best restaurants. I like Fathers Day, as well as having been a father. I'm proud to say that all my children called me to wish me a happy Fathers Day. I received cards from two, and my youngest even took me out to breakfast. As a father I am proud to have fulled my duties, which were to keep the boys off the pipe, and the girls off the pole. I think I set a fairly good example for them, particularly in the area of being there for others, nothing comes without work,  and that money is a lousy way of keeping score with people. I love them all and hope that even after what we have all been through together, they love me. After all someday they may be rich, or famous, are on TV and say "Hi Mom." 

No comments:

Post a Comment