Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Guessing Game

Being a simple man and I believe a pretty good communicator, it never ceases to amaze me the guessing game that women play with men. All men have heard those fateful words..."guess who I saw today?" or "guess what happened to me today?". As a man I really don't want to guess. I doubt very seriously if I can get it right on the first try, and I usually don't. The second thought that comes to mind is whether are not this is going to be a bad or a good thing for me. Even though I know I haven't done anything wrong ( at least today) that I can think of, that doesn't mean that this will not end up badly for me.

Wouldn't it be nice to just tell us who you saw or what happened, and let us pick up from there? Men, who will sometimes answer with their gut instincts, are not very good at guessing games. Then there is the age old favorite, when you as you significant other "what's wrong?" and the response come back "can't you guess?". This really means "don't you know me well enough to know?". In most cases I really do, but I  dare not say it. In the meantime I will continue to work on my mind reading skills. Once I have exhausted my guesses I will admit my inability and prepare myself to be schooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment