Monday, May 30, 2011

Air

Yesterday I looked at the tire on my car and noticed that it was low. With gas prices up to $4 a gallon a I knew that proper tire air pressure is essential for better mpg, so I decided to stop at the gas station ( I mean convenience store with gas, since there are very few gas stations anymore) to get some air. I was amazed to find the air hose attached to a unit that said $1, insert all quarters. I couldn't believe that now you had to pay to get air. Had things gotten that bad? How much air would I get for a dollar? Could I do all four tires? 

I looked in my pocket and car and  could only come up with two quarters, so I went on a journey for free air. After stopping at two other  convenience store the best I could find was $.75 for air. Rather than spending $2 in gas driving around I went home. The next day as I went pass the convenience store I saw an amazing thing. A woman pulled up to the air hose, got out and pushed a button on the speaker and then was able too get air. I followed her lead and sure enough the clerk came on the speaker and said she would turn on the air for me. So air is still free in some places, you just have to ask. I wonder how many people are fooled like me? Maybe nobody. I really didn't want anything for myself except a little air.

No comments:

Post a Comment