Monday, May 30, 2011

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered

Recently my paster,  Dr Kevin W Cosby, of St Stephen Church, preached a sermon about how to deal with life's crazy makers. Dr. Cosby is the best preacher I have ever been fortunate to hear preach and he constantly strengthens my faith in God and the knowledge that I am saved by grace alone.

As he preached about being foolish and allowing yourself to be bewitched the line in the song,for which I do not know the name, floated through my mind, along with the many experiences in my life. Had I been charmed,  mesmerized, and fascinated by  another person through flattery, false promises or misleading information? Sure I had. The key thing that we should all know is that people will say they love you but they can be using you. The way to tell is take away whatever you are providing to the other person and see how it affects the relationship. If things change they were probably using you.

No comments:

Post a Comment